D.V. Zubarev, I.V. Sochenkov, I.A. Tikhomirov, O.G. Grigoriev Expert assignment method based on similar document retrieval from large text collections
The article is devoted to the task of expert assignment. The article provides an overview of methods, which are currently used to solve this task. We discuss the main problems of those methods and propose to leverage large collections of documents that are authored by the experts. The article describes a basic method for searching and ranking of experts for a given document, using similar document retrieval. For the evaluation of the proposed method we use private corpus of applications for a grant. Experimental studies show that the more documents are available that are authored by experts, the better recall becomes. In conclusion we discuss current limitations of proposed method and describe future work to use more features from texts, such as bibliography, co-authors information etc.
scientific expertise, expert assignment, analysis of unstructured data, text analysis, similar document retrieval.
1. V Rossijskom nauchnom fonde proshlo zasedanie ehkspertnogo soveta po nauchnym proektam [The Russian Scientific Foundation held a meeting of the expert council on scientific projects]. Available at: http://rscf.ru/ru/node/2367 (accessed: December 9, 2018).
2. Dumais, Susan T., and Jakob Nielsen. 1992. Automating the assignment of submitted manuscripts to reviewers. Proceedings of the 15th annual international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval. ACM. 233-244.
3. Balog, Krisztian, Leif Azzopardi, and Maarten De Rijke. 2006. Formal models for expert finding in enterprise corpora. Proceedings of the 29th annual international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval. ACM. 43-50.
4. Kalmukov, Yordan, and Boris Rachev. 2010. Comparative analysis of existing methods and algorithms for automatic assignment of reviewers to papers. arXiv preprint Available at: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1012.2019.pdf (accessed: December 9, 2018).
5. EasyChair Conference Management System. Available at: http://www.easychair.org/ (accessed: December 9, 2018)
6. Pesenhofer, Andreas, Rudolf Mayer, and Andreas Rauber. 2006. Improving scientific conferences by enhancing conference management systems with information mining capabilities. Digital Information Management, 2006 1st International Conference on. IEEE. 359-366.
7. Ferilli, Stefano, et al. 2006. Automatic topics identification for reviewer assignment. International Conference on Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. 721-730.
8. Rodriguez, Marko A., and Johan Bollen. 2008. An algorithm to determine peer-reviewers. Proceedings of the 17th ACM conference on Information and knowledge management. ACM. 319-328.
9. Li, Xinlian, and Toyohide Watanabe. 2013. Automatic paper-to-reviewer assignment, based on the matching degree of the reviewers. Procedia Computer Science 22: 633-642.
10. Pankova L. A., Pronina V. A., Kryukov K. V. 2011. Ontologicheskie modeli poiska ehkspertov v sistemah upravleniya znaniyami nauchnyh organizacij [Using ontology for expert finding in knowledge management systems of scientific organizations]. Problemy upravleniya [Control sciences]. 6:52-60.
11. Sochenkov I. V., Zubarev D. V., Tihomirov I. A. 2018. Eksplorativnyj patentnyj poisk [Exploratory patent search]. Informatika i eе primeneniya [Informatics and its Applications]. 12(1): 89-94.
12. Osipov, Gennady, et al. 2013. Relational-situational method for intelligent search and analysis of scientific publications. Proceedings of the Integrating IR Technologies for Professional Search Workshop. 57-64.
13. Shelmanov, A. O., and I. V. Smirnov. 2014. Methods for semantic role labeling of Russian texts. Computational Linguistics and Intellectual Technologies. Proceedings of International Conference Dialog. Vol. 13. No. 20. 607-620.
14. I. V. Sochenkov, R. E. Suvorov. 2013. Servisy polnotekstovogo poiska v informacionno-analiticheskoj sisteme (Chast' 1) [Full-text search in the informationanalytical system (Part 1)]. Informacionnye tekhnologii i vychislitel'nye sistemy [Journal of Information Technologies and Computing Systems]. 2:69-78.