V. V. Gribova, R. I. Kovalev, D. B. Okun Specialized Shell for Intelligent Systems of Prescribing Medication
The paper analyzes the existing decision support systems for medication prescription. A detailed survey of their functionality and implementation methods was given. The main principles of development and architecture of an intelligent medical decision support system are described. This system is implemented as a specialized shell. The specialized shell is based on the use of the ontological approach, in accordance with which all information resources - knowledge and data bases are formed on the basis of ontologies. The unique features of the system, as well as information and software components that are part of it, are described. In this paper the examples presented demonstrate all the proposed solutions.
ontology, knowledge base, decision support system, cloud technologies.
1. Makary M. A., Daniel M. Medical error—the third leading cause of death in the US //Bmj. 2016. P. 353.
2. Masnoon, Nashwa, et al. "What is polypharmacy? A systematic review of definitions." BMC geriatrics 17.1 (2017): 230.
3. Lysaght, T., Lim, HY, Xafis, V. et al. ABR (2019) 11: 299. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41649-019-00096-0.
4. Kobrinskij B. A. Features of medical intelligent systems // Informacionno-izmeritel'nye i upravljajushhie sistemy (in Russian). 2013. Т. 11. № 5. P. 58–64.
5. Vladimir E. Robles-Bykbaev, Martín López-Nores, José J. Pazos-Arias, Daysi Arévalo-Lucero “SPELTA: An expert system to generate therapy plans for speech and language disorders”.
6. Watkins W. et al. A Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning Decision Support System (RTP-DSS) for Selecting Patient-Specific Optimal Treatment //International Jour-nal of Radiation Oncology• Biology• Physics. 2016. Т. 96. №. 2. P. S82.
7. Khozeimeh F. et al. An expert system for selecting wart treatment method //Computers in biology and medicine. 2017. Т. 81. P. 167-175.
8. Jiang X. et al. A clinical decision support system learned from data to personalize treatment recommendations to-wards preventing breast cancer metastasis //PloS one. 2019. Т. 14. №. 3.
9. Abu-Naser, Samy & Al-Dahdooh, Rami. (2016). Lower Back Pain Expert System Diagnosis And Treatment. Lower Back Pain Expert System Diagnosis And Treatment.
10. Zhang Y. F. et al. Design and development of a sharable clinical decision support system based on a semantic web service framework //Journal of medical systems. 2016. Т. 40. №. 5. P. 118.
11. Goldstein M. K. et al. Patient safety in guideline-based decision support for hypertension management: ATHENA DSS //Proceedings of the AMIA Symposium. American Medical Informatics Association. 2001. P. 214.
12. Peleg M. et al. MobiGuide: a personalized and patient-centric decision-support system and its evaluation in the atrial fibrillation and gestational diabetes domains //User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction. 2017. Т. 27. №. 2. P. 159-213.
13. Koutkias V. et al. Knowledge engineering for adverse drug event prevention: On the design and development of a uniform, contextualized and sustainable knowledge-based framework //Journal of biomedical informatics. 2012. Т. 45. №. 3. P. 495-506.
14. Bilici E., Despotou G., Arvanitis T. N. The use of computer-interpretable clinical guidelines to manage care complexities of patients with multimorbid conditions: a review //Digital health. – 2018. Т. 4.
15. Zacharias V. Development and verification of rule based systems—a survey of developers //International Workshop on Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web. Springer, Berlin. Heidelberg. 2008. P. 6-16.
16. IBM Watson has graduated from school and got a job, Available at: http://habrahabr.ru/company/ibm/blog/169067/ (accessed May 25, 2020).
17. Rajkomar A., Dean J., Kohane I. Machine learning in medicine //New England Journal of Medicine. 2019. Т. 380. №. 14. P. 1347-1358.
18. Yahyaoui A. et al. A Decision Support System for Diabetes Prediction Using Machine Learning and Deep Learning Techniques //2019 1st International Informatics and Software Engineering Conference (UBMYK). IEEE. 2019. P. 1-4.
19. S. Anakal S., Sandhya P. Clinical decision support system for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease using machine learning techniques //2017 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer, and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT). IEEE. 2017. P. 1-5.
20. M. Ray, Qidwai U. "Machine learning in medicine: calculating the minimum dose of haemodialysis using neural networks," Annual Technical Conference IEEE Region 5. 2003. New Orleans. LA. USA. 2003. Р. 23-27.
21. Hwang Y. et al. Identifying the common genetic networks of ADR (adverse drug reaction) clusters and developing an ADR classification model //Molecular BioSystems. 2017. Т. 13. №. 9. P. 1788-1796.
22. Top 10 Hospital Information System You Need to Know About, 2019, Available at: https://www.softwaresuggest.com/blog/top-hospital-information-system/ (accessed Jule 28, 2020).
23. Shahsavarani A. M. et al. Clinical decision support systems (CDSSs): state of the art review of literature //International Journal of Medical Reviews. 2015. Т. 2. №. 4. P. 299-308.
24. Jenders R. A. et al. Evolution of the Arden Syntax: key technical issues from the standards development organization perspective //Artificial intelligence in medicine. 2018. Т. 92. P. 10-14.
25. Peleg M. et al. Comparing computer-interpretable guideline models: a case-study approach //Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2003. Т. 10. №. 1. P. 52-68.
26. Shiffman R. N. et al. An approach to guideline implementation with GEM //Studies in health technology and informatics. 2001. №. 1. P. 271-275.
27. Peleg M. et al. Assessment of a personalized and distributed patient guidance system //International journal of medical informatics. – 2017. – Т. 101. – P. 108-130.;
28. Jafarpour B., Abidi S. R., Abidi S. S. R. Exploiting semantic web technologies to develop OWL-based clinical practice guideline execution engines //IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics. 2014. Т. 20. №. 1. P. 388-398.
29. Gavrilova T. A., Strahovich Je. V. Visual-analytical thinking and intelligence maps in ontological engineering // Ontologija proektirovanija (in Russian). 2020. Т.10. №.1. P.87-99.
30. Gribova V.V., Kleschev A.S., Moskalenko F.M., Timchenko V.A., Fedorishchev L.A., Shalfeeva E.A. IACPaaS cloud platform for the development of intelligent service shells: current state and future evolution // International journal “Programmnye produkty i sistemy” (Software & Systems) (in Russian). 2018. vol. 31. no. 3. Р. 527–536.
31. Ausubel, D. P. Educational psychology: A cognitive view / D. P. Ausubel. - New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 1968. 733 p.
32. Gribova V.V., Kleshchev A.S., Moskalenko F.M., Timchenko V.A. A Model for Generation of Directed Graphs of Information by the Directed Graph of Metainformation for a Two_Level Model of Information Units with a Complex Structure // Automatic Documentation and Mathematical Linguistics (in Russian). 2015. Vol. 49, No. 6. P. 221-231.
33. Gribova V. V., Okun D. B. Ontologies for the formation of knowledge bases about disease treatment in medical intelligent systems // Informatika i sistemy upravleniya (in Russian). 2018. No. 3(57). P. 71-80.
34. Gribova V. V. et al. Software Toolkit for Creating Intelligent Systems in Practical and Educational Medicine //2018 3rd Russian-Pacific Conference on Computer Technology and Applications (RPC) (in Russian). IEEE. 2018. С. 1-5.
35. Diagnosis put artificial intelligence 2020 (in Russian), Available at: https://rg.ru/2020/02/04/reg-dfo/uchenye-privlekut-iskusstvennyj-intellekt-dlia-diagnostiki-koronavirusa.html (accessed August 30, 2020).
36. Assistant in the treatment of coronavirus with artificial intelligence: know-how from Primorye (in Russian), Available at: https://www.vesti.ru/videos/show/vid/825790 (accessed August 23, 2020).
37. Chinese doctors in Wuhan will use a coronavirus diagnostic program developed in Primorye (in Russian), Available at: http://www.interfax-russia.ru/FarEast/news.asp?sec=1671&id=1101675 (accessed August 23, 2020).